Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Updates




Well I have lots to report from the last time. i will try to update more often but I am still adjusting to being a new mom.




On Sunday, May 13th Carly was dedicated to Christ. This is more a time for the parents to say that they will raise their child in the way of the Lord and provide a proper example. It also gives the members of the church a time to pray for the family. Carly did an excellent job in her first visit to the church. She slept the whole time. Carly got to meet her friend Jayden who will be a year old on June 13. He was hitting her during the dedication. that is his way of flirting. She also got to meet Jayden's 4 year old sister Torie. Torie has been like Zach and I's "child" for the last 3 years. her parents Summer and Allan are our best friends. Torie is very excited about Carly. She wants to teach her to dance.




Sunday was also Zach's 25th birthday. He was just excited to have his daughter. It was also my first Mother's day. I never thought I would enjoy this day. I have hated this day the last several years. It brought me nothing but pain and despair. this year it brings me great joy. I received several cards and two new books. i love books. My mom was here with us so it was an extra special day. We took pictures of me and Carly, Zach, Carly and I, and My mom, Carly and I. These will be very special in all the years to come.





Monday we took Carly by Dr. Feiste's office to weigh her. She weighed 7lb 14oz. That meant that she was gaining weight properly. That made me very happy. Since I am nursing her I have to make sure that she is eating enough and gaining weight.




We took her to Sears on Monday to get portraits taken. However, when we got there the photographer was still with another client. She told us to walk around for 20 min and come back. When we walked back over there she was outside smoking a cigarette. So we left. We went back on Wed when Tina was there. She did an awesome job.




Friday we went back to Dr. Feiste for another check up. He said that Carly was doing great. She weighed 8lb 3.5oz. We did find out that she broke her collar bone when she was born. Dr. Parker said that was a possibility but we didn't know it had happened. Dr. Feiste said she was otherwise perfect and that that wouldn't bother her. We don't go back until July 10. that seems like a long time.




No comments: