Saturday, May 12, 2007

First Doctor's Appt

Carly had her first visit with Dr. Feiste yesterday. He has this nice room that newborns can go into so that they are not exposed to all the other children. When we first got there we had to share the room with another couple and their little 2 week old girl. The bad thing about that is that Carly got hungry and I could not feed her b/c I am not practiced enough to cover myself and get ready yet. I guess I need to practice that at home. Well they got called back after a while and I was able to feed her then.

When we got called back they took her temp first. She did not like that at all. Then they measured her and she was 19 3/4 in long. We are wondering about that b/c Wed she measured 19 1/4 in. So who knows what is exactly right. She is 7 lb 9 oz now. Dr. Feiste said she was perfect. We are very happy that she is doing so well. Praise God.

The nights are getting worse. Last night she ate early, like 6 or 7. Then I stayed up and she ate again at about 11. She woke up at 1:30 and she fussed. She ate and went back to sleep. She woke up again about 3:30. She was not a happy camper. She was not tolerable to eating on the left side but she is going to have to learn. She loves the right side. It gets very frustrating when she won't eat on the left side and I am trying to teach her to. She finally fell asleep at about 5 but i had to keep her in the bed for a little while. After a while I got her back in the pack and play. She woke up again at about 7:30. Then I fed her again. She fell asleep again about 9 am. Then my mom took her so that I could sleep more. I was very grateful. My mom is helping me so much.

I am very tired but it is so worth it. I love that little girl so much.

No comments: