Sunday, April 08, 2007

Trips to the Hospital

Okay, so Zach and I have been to the hospital twice now. Friday night at 7pm I started having contractions. They were pretty far apart at first. We called the doctor and he said for us to come to the hospital when they were about 5 min apart. So at 4am we headed to the hospital. I had already spoken to my parents and they were on their way up here. So they met us at the hospital. I was hooked up to a monitor and "checked". They said that my cervix was 100% closed. And then after I was having contractions that were about 2 min apart they came in and came me a shot to stop the contractions since I am only 35 weeks. I was very frustrated. However, I know it is best for Carly. so then we came home and slept (we got home about 7am).

On Sat at about 1pm I started having contractions again. We called the doctor again and he said to come to the hospital when they were close together again. So this time we went to the hospital at 7pm. They hooked me up the monitor and my contractions slacked off a little bit. After an hour Dr. Parker came in and checked me. He said that my cervix had softened a little bit but that I was completely closed. So he gave me some options. I took the option of coming home and taking a pain pill and going to sleep. he said that I could do this for a week or more. I asked him when they would "help" dilate my cervix. He told me that until I was 37 weeks there was nothing he would do. So 2 more weeks if I don't dilate on my own. I have an appointment Tues where he will check me again.

In the meantime, I am still having contractions. They are no fun but not so bad that I have to stop what I'm doing and really breath. I just have to wait until they are earth shattering before I go back. I just thought you would like the update.

1 comment:

Allison said...

We're praying for you sweetie! Carly needs to cook a little longer!