Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Miscarriage

Two weeks ago we went to our first Dr.'s appt. We went in expecting to see an ultrasound of our 13 week baby. To say the least we were super excited! Well, our excitement died when the doctor did the ultrasound and said that there was not a 13 week pregnancy there. At that time, he was going on the assumption that the dates were way off. He did tell us that there was a chance that something was very wrong. So we prayed and waited.



We waited almost exactly 2 weeks and 18 hours to find out that our second child is now in heaven. This is not the way I wanted today to go. I had the car packed and ready to go to Myrtle Beach to spend the rest of the week with my parents. Now, I am waiting the rest of the week for my D and C which is scheduled on Friday to rid me of the tissue left behind.



I am so thankful that I have my faith to carry me through this. I rest assured that my son or daughter (for some reason I think it's a son) is now in heaven. I bet my grandfathers whom I never had the oppurtunity to meet are now bouncing their great grand child on there knee. I am sure Zach's Paw Paw is getting his turn too! My child has a first cousin there, too. I know that he is being loved.



For now,I throw my arms up, my head back and sing, "You give and take away You give and take away, My Heart will choose to say, Lord, Blessed Be Your Name"

1 comment:

Jaime Wright said...

I can so relate. I realize you wrote this a few years ago, but the memories linger. We experienced the loss of three little ones -- there's got to be a lot of cuties up in heaven, huh?